Sharkbanz – An Active Shark Deterrent
Sharkbanz 2 Wearables RRP $139.95
The world’s first shark deterrent band
Designed for beachgoers, ocean athletes, and marine professionals, Sharkbanz use patented magnetic technology developed by marine biologists to deter predatory shark species.
*Sharkbanz Technology has been verified by an independent third-party analysis group at the prestigious School of Coastal Environment Department of Marine Science at Coastal Carolina University. View our Research here.
- EFFECTIVE – Technology based on proven science, published research and testing verified by an independent third-party analysis group.
- SIMPLE – No batteries, no charging; always on
- AFFORDABLE – Safety for everyone
- STYLISH – Ergonomic design and premium materials for enhanced comfort
- Worn on Ankle or Wrist
- Universal Fit – Ages 5+
- Depth Rating: 100m/330ft
- TSA and Airline Travel-Friendly
- Magnetic Shielded Box for Safe Storage
- Weight: 3 oz.
- Warranty: This product is fully guaranteed against faulty workmanship and materials for 1 year
Sharkbanz Fishing – Zeppelin RRP $99.95
The world’s first shark deterrent tackle.
Using our patented magnetic technology researched and tested by marine biologists on predatory shark species, Sharkbanz Fishing tackle overwhelms a shark’s electroreception, creating a highly unpleasant sensation that can stop the ocean’s Taxman in his tracks – protecting your catch, gear, and a good time on the water. Sharkbanz tackle does not harm sharks or repel other fish.
The Zeppelin’s compact design minimizes drag and can be used to replace the sinker on your rig. Proven effective for Bottom Fishing.
- EFFECTIVE – Sharkbanz Fishing is proven to reduce the number of fish lost to sharks while targeting bottom-dwelling fish species. View our research below.
- SIMPLE – Our magnetic technology requires no batteries or charging. Always On.
- PRODUCT WEIGHT: 6.5 Oz. / 185 G
- SHARK DETERRENT FIELD RANGE: 3-6 FT / 1-2 M
- For best results: Attach the Zeppelin so the device will sit 18-36″ inches (45-90 cm) from the tail of the target fish species. See below and FAQ for more Rigging info.
- Depth Rating: Effective at any Depth
- Magnetic Shielded Box for Safe Storage complimentary with the Sharkbanz 2 Wearables
- TSA and Airline Travel-Friendly
- Constructed with Biodegradable Environmentally-Friendly PLA Materials
Sharks use this sense to locate objects nearby, and it becomes vital when they cannot depend on vision alone. In the surf zone, the water is murky and people and sharks are sharing the same space. Most shark bites occur in these hard-to-see conditions. People are not on shark’s food menus, but they are likely to investigate when their electrical sense alerts them to potential prey in their area. Remember: sharks don’t have hands, so they use their mouths to feel. This is why the majority of shark bites are “hit-and-run” attacks, meaning the shark bites, then quickly leaves after it recognizes someone isn’t food. Unfortunately, a simple case of mistaken identity can do a lot of damage. Sharkbanz warns curious sharks that the wearer is not food before they bite, reducing the risk of hit and run attacks. To find out more, ask at your local Tackle World store.
The Zeppelin is designed to be rigged for a variety of bottom fishing applications. There is no top/bottom orientation for the Zeppelin. The easiest method is to replace your sinker with the Zeppelin.
The key to success is in the placement of the device in relation to your catch.
Your natural inclination may be to place the Zeppelin directly next to your catch. When bottom fishing, placing the Zeppelin directly next to your catch will NOT yield the best results. You want the Zeppelin below your catch.
The inline method is a traditional way to rig your Zeppelin that ensures it’s always present. We recommend using a 3-way swivel so the Zeppelin can easily hang below your catch, but this method works very well in a classic paternoster rig setup as well.
- Attach the Zeppelin so the device will sit 18-36″ inches from the tail of your target fish species. **DO NOT place the Zeppelin simply 18-36″ inches below your bait/hook. You need to visualize more space between your catch and the device.
- We recommend using a 3-way swivel so the Zeppelin can easily swing below your catch after hookup.
- The Zeppelin’s compact design minimizes drag and can be used to replace your sinker, especially in a classic paternoster rig setup. If you use a sinker, it’s best to rig with a lighter test so it can break away on the bottom.
The deployment method maximizes effectiveness while minimizing the potential for device loss. Many anglers have created multiple Zeppelin deployment lines so they can easily add a Zeppelin to new rigs with longer/shorter leaders.
- Rig the Zeppelin to a separate “deployment” line, preferably with a heavier test or wire trace.
- Follow the Zeppelin measurement formula to determine the appropriate length of your deployment line: Length of Bait Leader + Estimated Size of Catch + 3 Ft.
- Ensure you have the proper stopper in place so the swivel or carabiner catches as it slides down. We recommend a small lead, bead, or larger swivel.
- Use a snap (coast) swivel or carabiner to clip the deployment line to your main line.
- You can hold the Zeppelin while you wait or rest it in a nearby rod holder.
- When you hook up, deploy the zeppelin and fight your fish to the surface. Depending on depth, you can add additional weight to the deployment line. Outrigger weights recommended, or simply zip-tie lead to the Zeppelin.
Your device can effectively deter sharks at any depth. If you are using sinkers in conjunction with your Zeppelin, do not use steel sinkers. Use only lead or zinc sinkers.
NOW AVAILABLE AT most Tackle World stores. Find your local store and keep up to date by following our social media channels.