Sharkbanz – An Active Shark Deterrent
Sharkbanz 2 Wearables RRP $139.95
The world’s first shark deterrent band
Designed for beachgoers, ocean athletes, and marine professionals, Sharkbanz use patented magnetic technology developed by marine biologists to deter predatory shark species.
*Sharkbanz Technology has been verified by an independent third-party analysis group at the prestigious School of Coastal Environment Department of Marine Science at Coastal Carolina University. View our Research here.
- EFFECTIVE – Technology based on proven science, published research and testing verified by an independent third-party analysis group.
- SIMPLE – No batteries, no charging; always on
- AFFORDABLE – Safety for everyone
- STYLISH – Ergonomic design and premium materials for enhanced comfort
- Worn on Ankle or Wrist
- Universal Fit – Ages 5+
- Depth Rating: 100m/330ft
- TSA and Airline Travel-Friendly
- Magnetic Shielded Box for Safe Storage
- Weight: 3 oz.
- Warranty: This product is fully guaranteed against faulty workmanship and materials for 1 year
Sharkbanz Fishing – Zeppelin RRP $99.95
The world’s first shark deterrent tackle.
Using our patented magnetic technology researched and tested by marine biologists on predatory shark species, Sharkbanz Fishing tackle overwhelms a shark’s electroreception, creating a highly unpleasant sensation that can stop the ocean’s Taxman in his tracks – protecting your catch, gear, and a good time on the water. Sharkbanz tackle does not harm sharks or repel other fish.
The Zeppelin’s compact design minimizes drag and can be used to replace the sinker on your rig. Proven effective for Bottom Fishing.
- EFFECTIVE – Sharkbanz Fishing is proven to reduce the number of fish lost to sharks while targeting bottom-dwelling fish species. View our research below.
- SIMPLE – Our magnetic technology requires no batteries or charging. Always On.
- PRODUCT WEIGHT: 6.5 Oz. / 185 G
- SHARK DETERRENT FIELD RANGE: 3-6 FT / 1-2 M
- For best results: Attach the Zeppelin so the device will sit 18-36″ inches (45-90 cm) from the tail of the target fish species. See below and FAQ for more Rigging info.
- Depth Rating: Effective at any Depth
- Magnetic Shielded Box for Safe Storage complimentary with the Sharkbanz 2 Wearables
- TSA and Airline Travel-Friendly
- Constructed with Biodegradable Environmentally-Friendly PLA Materials
Sharks use this sense to locate objects nearby, and it becomes vital when they cannot depend on vision alone. In the surf zone, the water is murky and people and sharks are sharing the same space. Most shark bites occur in these hard-to-see conditions. People are not on shark’s food menus, but when their electrical sense alerts them to potential prey in their area, they are likely to investigate. Remember: sharks don’t have hands, so they use their mouths to feel. This is why the majority of shark bites are “hit-and-run” attacks, meaning the shark bites, then quickly leaves after it recognizes someone isn’t food. Unfortunately, a simple case of mistaken identity can do a lot of damage. Sharkbanz warns curious sharks that the wearer is not food before they bite, reducing the risk of hit and run attacks. To find out more, ask at your local Tackle World store.
The Zeppelin is designed to be rigged for a variety of bottom fishing applications. There is no top/bottom orientation for the Zeppelin. The easiest method to replace your sinker with the Zeppelin.
Attached the Zeppelin so the device will sit 40-50cm (18″-24″) below the tail of the target fish species.
Your device can effectively deter sharks at any depth. If you are using sinkers in conjunction with your Zeppelin, do not use steel sinkers. Use only lead or zinc sinkers.
NOW AVAILABLE AT most Tackle World stores. Find your local store and keep up to date by following our social media channels.