Terms and Conditions
Issued by Tackle World.
This Terms and Conditions document governs the use of participation in promotions run by Tackle World. You can access this Agreement at any time from the bottom of any page of the site.
Use of Tackle World Online (TWO) by You
Your right to use TWO is personal to you. You may not authorise others to use TWO, and you are responsible for all of your own use of TWO.
You may not download, modify, transmit, or otherwise use any material from TWO for public or commercial purposes.
TWO’s content, information and advice are free of charge (unless otherwise stipulated). However you are responsible for your own network and connection charges.
Other than connecting to Tackle World’s servers by HTTP requests using a web browser, you may not attempt to gain access to Tackle World’s servers by any means including, without limitation, by using administrator passwords or by masquerading as an administrator while using TWO or otherwise.
You agree not to disrupt, modify or interfere with TWO or its associated software, hardware and servers in any way and you agree not to impede or interfere with others use of TWO. You further agree not to alter or tamper with any information or materials on, or associated with, Tackle World and/or TWO.
All of the material and intellectual property rights in relation to TWO is and remains the property of Tackle World all times, or in the case some material, a third party. You are not permitted to copy or reproduce any material from TWO except for your own private use, non-commercial use. Any other use of material from TWO constitutes a breach of Tackle World’s copyright.
Tackle World will over time provide content and information which children may find interesting and may wish to access. However, no one under the age of 13 years is allowed to provide any personal information. Minors under the age of 18 years are prohibited from making purchases, including subscriptions, on TWO.
TWO provides general information about Tackle World and the products and services they offer. The information contained in TWO has been prepared solely for the purpose of providing information about Tackle World, its subsidiaries and the services and products they offer. Tackle World reserves the right to change, delete or move any of the material on TWO at any time without notice.
Tackle World and its affiliates shall not be liable to you or any third parties for any direct, indirect, special, consequential or punitive damages allegedly sustained arising out of your access to or inability to access TWO. This includes viruses alleged to have been obtained from TWO, your use of or reliance on TWO or any of the information or materials available on TWO, regardless of the type of claim or the nature of the cause of action.
Tackle World is bound by the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act). The APPs are designed to protect the confidentiality of information and the privacy of individuals by regulating the way personal information is collected, used, disclosed and managed. Personal information is, generally speaking, information or an opinion relating to an identified, or reasonably identifiable, individual. This policy explains the types of personal information that we may collect and hold, how that information is used and with whom the information is shared. It also sets out how you can contact us if you have any queries or concerns about this information.
Why do we collect personal information? We collect personal information about consumers wishing to apply for VIP membership with Tackle World for the purpose of providing incentives, communicating offers and disseminating marketing information.
What personal information do we collect? The types of personal information we may collect include information (such as your name, address, email address, fax and telephone number, date of birth), and any feedback that you provide to us about our products and services, our website, or other matters.
Tackle World also collects statistical information about visitors to our website. Generally, this information cannot be used to identify particular individuals but in some circumstances it may include a visitor’s internet protocol address, which could be linked to the individual.
Personal information may be collected by way of forms filled out by individuals (including via online forms), emails, telephone conversations, online user-generated content and market research, face-to-face meetings and interviews. Where necessary and with your consent, we supplement the information we receive from you with information from third party sources.
You may in some circumstances have the option of not identifying yourself or using a pseudonym when you deal with us. However, if you choose not to provide the information we need to fulfill your request for a specific product or service or to participate in development activities we may not be able to provide you with the requested product or service or we may not be able to allow you to participate in our activities or promotions.
How might Tackle World use and disclose your personal information? Tackle World may use and disclose your personal information for the primary purpose of collection, or for reasonably expected secondary purposes which are related to the primary purpose, or for purposes to which you have consented, and in other circumstances authorised by the Privacy Act.
Generally, Tackle World may use and disclose your personal information for a range of purposes, including to:
- provide you with our products or services that you have requested;
- respond to your queries or feedback;
- provide you with any communications or publications in which we think you might be interested,
or which you have requested;
- let you know about developments in our procedures, products, services, activities and programs that might be useful to you;
- facilitate your participation in forums, social events and educational events;
- consider employment applications.
Disclosure of personal information to other parties Tackle World may disclose your personal information to third parties such as our members, our professional advisers, our external service providers that provide services to us (such as distribution of newsletters and other publications developed by Tackle World, and market research), government, statutory or regulatory bodies. We may disclose your personal information for the purposes set out above.
We may also disclose your personal information if it is required or authorised by law, where disclosure is necessary to prevent a threat to life, health or safety, or where we are otherwise permitted by the Privacy Act. We do not sell or license your personal information to third parties.
Security and management of personal information
Tackle World will take reasonable steps to protect the personal information we hold from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. The ways we do this include:
- limiting physical access to our premises;
- limiting access to the information we collect about you (for instance, only those of our personnel
who need your information to carry out our business activities are allowed access;
- requiring any third party providers to have acceptable security measures to keep personal information secure; and
- putting in place physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards in line with industry standards.
If we no longer require your personal information and are not legally required to retain it, Tackle World will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify the personal information.
Links from our website to other websites Our website may contain links to third party websites. We do not operate these websites and therefore are not responsible for the collection or handling of personal information by the operators of these websites.
Accessing the information we hold about you Under the APPs, you may be able to obtain a copy of the personal information that we hold about you. The APPs provide some exceptions to your rights in this regard. To make a request to access this information, please contact us in writing. We will require you to verify your identity and specify what information you require. We may charge a fee to cover the cost of verifying the application and locating, retrieving, reviewing and copying any material requested.
Updating your personal information We endeavour to ensure that the personal information we hold about you is accurate, complete and up-to-date. Please contact Tackle World at the contact address set out below if you believe that the information we hold about you requires correction or is out-of-date.
Sending information overseas Tackle World will not send your personal information to a recipient outside Australia without obtaining your consent or otherwise complying with the APPs.
Complaints If you are concerned that we have not complied with your legal rights or applicable privacy laws, you may bring a complaint internally through our complaints process or you may decide to make a formal complaint with the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (www.oaic.gov.au) (which is the regulator responsible for privacy in Australia). We will deal with complaints as follows:
Step 1: let us know
- If you would like to make a complaint, you should let us know by contacting our Privacy Officer (see below for contact details).
Step 2: investigation of complaint
- Your complaint will be investigated by our Privacy Officer.
- A response to your complaint will be provided in writing within a reasonable period.
Step 3: contact OAIC
- We expect our procedures will deal fairly and promptly with your complaint. However, if you remain dissatisfied, you can also contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner as follows:
Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC)
Complaints must be made in writing
1300 363 992
Director of Compliance
Office of the Australian
GPO Box 5218
Sydney NSW 2001
Our website may contain links to other sites that are not under our control. These websites have their own privacy policies, and we encourage you to review them. We have no responsibility for linked websites, and provide them solely for your information and convenience.
We may review this policy from time to time and will notify you of any changes by posting an updated version on our website.
As all Tackle World Stores are individually owned and operated, it is up to the individual store to participate in catalogues and the associated promotions. Please consult your local store to find out if they are participating in advertised promotions.
Every effort has been made to ensure the stock is available until sold out. Pictures are for illustration purposes and not all stock is carried by all stores. Start and end dates of promotions vary from store to store.
By submitting your photos and/or videos to Tackle World, you agree to the following terms and conditions:
- By submitting, you agree that the images and/or videos you submit may be used in Tackle World promotional material.
- You promise that you are at least 18 years of age, you are not an employee (or an immediate family member of an employee) of Tackle World or a Tackle World member store.
- You promise that the photographs you submit (a) are your own, (b) do not (to your knowledge) infringe on the rights of any other person or business, and (c) have not been previously published.
- You promise that any individual persons depicted in the photographs or videos (except outdoor crowd scenes) have given you permission to use their image. We ask for this promise because we want you to be respectful of the persons you photograph and/or video and considerate of their sensitivities concerning the use of their image.
- You agree that Tackle World is not endorsing any organization depicted in the photographs or video entered in, or chosen as winners of, any affiliated competitions.
- You agree that Tackle World will not pay you for your images and/or video, whether you win a prize or not.
- You agree that Tackle World is not acting as an agent, publisher, or intermediary for the photograph(s) and/or video you submit.
- By entering competitions run by Tackle World, you agree that Tackle World may verify the eligibility, ownership and originality of any submission, and that upon request, you shall submit a written copy of any release, license, or permission you have received from a third party granting you the right to use such submission. You understand that in the event your submission is selected as a winning submission and your ownership rights and the originality of your submission cannot be verified to the satisfaction of Tackle World, or it is in any other way ineligible, Tackle World shall select an alternate winner based on the same Judging Criteria. Tackle World assumes no liability to third parties for unverified ownership rights claimed by entrants.
- If after announcing the winners Tackle World determines that a winner has misrepresented, misstated, or mischaracterized his or her submission in any way, or is not the rightful owner of the submission, the submission may be disqualified from the Contest, and any prizes or privileges received by the entrant as a result of winning this contest may be rescinded. Any determinations made by Tackle World in withdrawing and disqualifying any submission will be final.
Copyright: By submitting photographs and/or video, you retain copyright and remain the owner of your images and may also continue to use them in any manner you choose. You agree that the photographs and/or video you submit may be used in printed publications, on Tackle World websites, in a slideshow and screensaver as well as being uploaded on Tackle World social media channels.